Sunday, February 22, 2015

With a Heavy Heart

Tonight my heart is filled with emotion. My friend found out 20 weeks ago that he was going to be a dad for the first time. He was absolutely thrilled at this new life prospect. His joy turned into grief this week. The baby girl decided to come into this world 20 weeks too early. She never had a chance at life. Through his loss I am able to see the blessings set before me. I have three healthy and full of life children. None of my children are perfect but they are alive and well. No matter what challenges lay before me there is a comfort in that. They give me that reason to get up tomorrow and a reason to fight for what they need and want. There is nothing more important in my life than my little family. As you tuck your children into bed tonight, remember to be thankful for the gift bestowed upon you and never take it for granted.


No comments:

Post a Comment