Monday, June 27, 2016

Turning the Page for the Next Chapter

Since my last major breakup, my life hasn't felt like my own. The woman who once wanted attention and affection just wants to be left alone. I hate the thought of someone touching me. I cringe when the phone alerts me to a call or text. I always wonder, "What is going to be expected of me?" or "Are they expecting me to do something?" In short I just wish the world would leave me alone and go away. Because of this phase of my life I know I need a change. I have made the decision to relocate my children and myself to another state for a fresh start.Every day I second guess that decision. I spoke with a friend and he accused me of running away again. I denied it, but upon some reflection, I can see that he was correct. Even though he was right doesn't mean that this decision is wrong. My children and I live in a bad neighborhood with shootings and such. They need this change also for safety reasons. I believe that they can thrive in this new location. We will be closer to friends and family. Maybe in this new location I can find my place in this world. Today I feel confident that this is the right choice for us. Georgia here we come, ready or not!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment