Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Definition Explained

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ― Marilyn Monroe

People use the term selfish a lot, but who is the judge of selfishness? Are we to judge ourselves on this or is it the job of others? For me we all need to be a little selfish, because as I see it we all have need. We need to love ourselves or we will be unequipped to love others.

Most people will claim that patience is a virtue. If that is true why can't impatience also be a virtue? Many people sit back and wait patiently for things to happen. What happens if we sit too still and quiet? Will life and opportunities pass us by? I say life is too short to be patient for too long. If you see something you want go for it, because you may never get that opportunity again.

Insecurity stems from fear. What is it that humans fear the most? I believe that the fear of being alone is a great fear of people today. The lack of being loved is another fear and may be the greatest fear of mankind. Jealousy can also play into this fear.




No comments:

Post a Comment