Sunday, June 17, 2018

Father's Day 2018

As the Parental Figure:
For the past 10 years I've raised my two minor children by myself without the involvement of the one who sired them. In the grand scheme of things they are better off without the drama he would provide them. The greatest drawback is: they have no male role model. My son will never know how to be a man's man and my daughter will never know the role a man should hold in a woman's life. My role in their life is father and mother. There are times I wish things weren't so hard for them, but really what do I know about the role of the father.

Daddy Issues:
I lost the only man who held the role as father nearly 11 years ago. Not A day goes by that I don't miss him. He was my Papa. Through him I learned kindness and gentleness. Without his presence in my life I never would have survived the abandonment of my birth father. My birth father taught me: at the end of the day it doesn't force them to love you. Being of the same blood once accounted for something. Now blood will betray you faster than those you call friend.

To the fathers out there: Happy Father's Day

To the mothers out there assuming both roles: I know the road you walk is challenging, but at the end of it all it'll be worth it. I salute you.

To the deadbeat dads out there: today is not your day. The day reserved for you is April Fools Day. You are a fool in the greatest sense of the word, because you were given a precious gift and you threw it away.


No comments:

Post a Comment