Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Letting Go


Over the years I have held onto people who have no value in my life. I held onto my father because he sired me. I was raised to honor my father and my mother, Would Christians view it as a sin to know that I cannot honor a man with no honor or integrity? I don't think it matters what they believe. I have to do what's best for me and mine. I held onto the hope that my children's fathers would be the man that they deserve. He can't put their needs above his own and now the time comes that he's been in their lives longer than I should have allowed. I've dated a few men over the years that I remained friends with and some of their presences are a reflection of what I perceive to be my shortcomings. Recently I had to walk away from one, because he could only see his needs and didn't realize that my life was falling apart. I have a love for him and always will, but I know he has no purpose in my life. I have "friends" in my life who are only around when something is needed from me. Now is the time to sever ties. If it doesn't benefit me or mine then they serve no purpose in my life and are only holding me back from the life I have earned. To those who currently serve no purpose in my life: Thank you for the lessons in my life. To those who always stand beside me through the good and the bad: Thank you for the blessing of having you in my life. You are loved. To those who stood with me over the years that were taken from this world (Papa, Katie, Jeva, Alexis, Joe, Donna, and Elsie): Thank you for the part of my life you were a part of. I wouldn't be the person I am today without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment